Google Drive naturally allows its users to see the name of the document owner. However, thanks to Shared Contacts for Gmail, Drive users can now directly see contact information about the owner and all other collaborators of a document as well as can add a contact straight from a document.
These new features ensure transparency and accountability in sharing documents with individuals and groups.
For example, Alissa has shared a document with you but you don’t know who Alissa is and you can see she has access to other confidential documents.
1. Click the Shared Contacts for Google Drive Add-On > Select the file you want to see contact information on the owner of the file.
2. To see contact information on other collaborators, click a collaborators icon.
1. Simply click the group icon to reveal all the group members.
1. Click the share icon on the contact you would like to add.
2. Either create or choose a label you would like to add this contact to.
3. Add collaborators you would like to share this label with for them to gain access to the contacts they hold. Users can also set collaborators’ access permissions in this step by clicking the pull-down arrow next to ‘View only’.