Insightly is a great tool for organizations to handle their customer relationships and contact management. Unfortunately, it can come at quite a cost if you want every employee in your organization to have access to your customer’s information. Their CRM seat costs $29 for their basic version and up to $99 for their enterprise package.
There’s a cost-effective solution for this. Google and Shared Contacts for Gmail® allow all the members of your organization to access your Insightly CRM contacts at a small fraction of the CRM seat price! This is with proper permission assignment, of course. These apps can even allow your team members to add new or update contacts, without paying any license to Insightly!
Guide to Share Your Insightly Contacts With Non-CRM Team Members
Time needed: 4 minutes.
- Click on your name in the top menu bar > System Settings.
- Click ‘Google Contact Sync’.
- Select ‘Google Sync Enabled’ and click ‘Save Settings’.
- Click on your profile icon again, and click ‘User Settings’.
- Click on ‘Contact Sync’ and then proceed to click on the Google integration to sync Insightly Contacts.
- To see if the synchronization was successful in your Shared Contacts® account, simply log in, and as you can see the “Insightly-Contacts” label is filled with the CRM contacts for you and your collaborators. Now, to share this label, simply click on the ‘share’ logo.
- Add the collaborators who should need access to these contacts as well as set their access permissions.
We suggest setting the access permission to ‘Editors’, as this will allow users to update the contacts or create new ones, and to have the changes reflected directly in the CRM.
- Voila, your team members now have full access to your Insigthly CRM contacts!
It’s as simple as that! Now you can share your Insightly CRM contacts with your whole organization without having to buy more licenses within Insightly! All thanks to Shared Contacts for Gmail®.