In Smartsheet staying up-to-date, tracking progress, and managing content for a large team can be a difficult task..
Thanks to Google Contacts and Shared Contacts for Gmail®, you can now access all the Google contacts shared within your organization directly from your Smartsheet’s interface making the process of sharing and managing your sheets with your team members as easy as pie.
How to Use Your Google Contacts in Smartsheet
Time needed: 3 minutes.
Thanks to this quick step-by-step guide, all your company’s contacts can be found in your Smartsheet dashboard in these few simple steps!
- Ensure the shared contacts with the Smartsheet users. The data admin can log into the Shared Contacts for Gmail® dashboard to check this.
- Verify your contact lists for all the needed shared contacts. Find the not-shared contact list (label). Click the ‘share’ icon to choose the collaborators.
The ‘share’ icon is shown on the right-hand side of your labels.
- Add your desired collaborators. You can add single, several contacts, or a whole domain group. You type their name at the search bar to do so. Afterward, set the access permissions.
To set permission access, click the downwards arrow by “View only” to pull all permission options available.
- Now, you can see the new collaborators.
- You have now synced your Shared Contacts with Google Contacts. However, that is just the first part. Now, it will be a breeze to sync your Google Contacts to Freshsales. Log into your Smartsheet account to begin.
- Once logged into your account, go into your settings by clicking your Profile icon. Then, select ‘Invite Your Team’.
- In this step, click on the Gmail selection and follow any prompts that may follow.
- Voila! When typing an address, the users will now appear!
If after connecting your Google contacts with Smartsheet, you still can’t access the contacts of the shared label, make sure you enabled the ‘Mobile & Outlook’ toggle.
You should always activate the ‘Mobile & Outlook’ toggle. This ensures that your shared contacts and general Google Contacts are synchronized. Furthermore, it allows you to see your general Google Contacts visible in your shared labels. In turn, it makes integrations with HelloSign and various other apps hassle-free.
Finally, you can now easily share all your sheets with everyone in your team thanks to Shared Contacts for Gmail®.