On Monday.com it can be quite daunting to find the email addresses of the individuals you need to invite or collaborate with on certain projects.
Fortunately, Google Contacts and Shared Contacts for Gmail® allows you to invite all the Google contacts shared in your organization directly from your Monday.com interface. This makes the process of collaborating with your team members a breeze!
How to Use Your Google Contacts on Monday.com
Time needed: 4 minutes.
- Ensure the shared contacts with the Monday.com users. The data admin can log into the Shared Contacts for Gmail® dashboard to check this.
- Verify your contact lists for all the needed shared contacts. Find the not-shared contact list (label). Click the ‘share’ icon to choose the collaborators.
The ‘share’ icon is shown on the right-hand side of your labels.
- Add your desired collaborators. You can add single, several contacts, or a whole domain group. You type their name at the search bar to do so. Afterward, set the access permissions.
To set permission access, click the downwards arrow by “View only” to pull all permission options available.
- Now, you can see the new collaborators.
- You have now synced your Shared Contacts with Google Contacts. However, that is just the first part. Now, it will be a breeze to sync your Google Contacts to Monday.com. Log into Monday.com to begin.
- Once logged into your Monday profile, simply click the contact icon on the left-hand side bar.
- To import your Google contacts, when prompted with this invitation, click on the Gmail icon at the bottom of the notification.
- Accept all access notifications – be sure to select ‘See and download your contacts’.
- All your contacts in your Google Contacts book will appear, select either all, or the contacts you would like.
Due to this method of inviting contacts, and there not being an integration with Google Contacts, when you add new users to your Google contact list, you will need to invite them by selecting them here as they will not appear automatically.
- All the members you have invited will appear under ‘Users’. Their status is dependent on the user accepting the invitation.
- Finally, we can test your newly synced contacts out! When creating a new deal, it is now possible to automatically add team members or client details!
It’s possible that you still can’t access the shared contact labels from Doodle. In this case, make sure you enabled the “Mobile & Outlook” toggle.
We highly recommend making sure the Mobile and Outlook toggle is always selected. Activating the toggle ensures your shared contacts are synced to your general Google Contacts and not only visible in your shared labels, making integrations with Zoom and other various apps hassle free.
As easy as pie! Now you can enjoy the use of your shared Google contacts right from Monday.com, thanks to Shared Contacts for Gmail®.