On January 1st, 2022, Google deprecated its Contacts API and BetterCloud. They subsequently decided to discontinue the support for the Google Contact synchronization features they provided.
Ensure your user still enjoy their contact sharing features after BetterCloud deprecation of the feature. This article will show you the simple steps below to do so.
Note that if you have many contact tags or users to migrate our team can help. We can automate the migration process for you free of charge. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you need any assistance.
Time needed: 3 minutes.
Follow these step-by-step guide on how to migrate contacts from BetterCloud to Shared Contacts for Gmail.
- Log on to your shared contacts manager.
Click on the “Sign In with Google” at the top of this page.
- On the left pane, you will find your Google contacts labels. Then, click the ‘share’ icon.
Select the labels that were previously shared in BetterCloud and click on the ‘share’ icon.
- Share with the same users and set collaborators’ access permissions.
Select the collaborators or the groups of collaborators with whom you wish to share your contacts.
- After a few seconds, all the users will have access to these labels.
You can see the users you added in the second column.
- Delete duplicated labels.
Moreover, if you or any collaborator sees any duplicated labels, contact our support who will automatically remove them for you.